New Break Guy Needs Help

Post links, share files, discuss drums. All things drums.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n0Ob

New Break Guy Needs Help

Postby djames » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi all, new to forum but been lurking for a while.

I am looking to do a breakcore style project fusing drums and metal guitars with death metal vocals.

I have no issue with the guitars and vox, however I am a complete novice when approaching the drum tracks. I have been listening to acts like DrumCorps and Whourkr.

Is there any producers of breaks would could do some drums for me. I am hiring studio in London to record guitars and vocals so there is scope to get your work on disc. I plan to take my act to the stage with live guitars and vocals.

I am looking for random crazy drums, tight snare and good bass. Changing from blasting breaks to slow on drop of hat.

If anyone has any tips or advice I would be very grateful or if anyone would like to discuss working together I would love to hear from you.

I trust I am new to forum so want to assure others I am not here to pinch some samples and bugger off. Got some real money to do a disk.

Darren. London

CoreCore Member
Average track rating:
3.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby kowalczyk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm always up for some o' dat collaboration stuff; especially when it comes to mangling breaks! :)
If you need drums you can always contact me on e-mail (aczykinfo at gmail.com), Skype (frede_lk) or here on ihatebreakcore.
Check my SoundCloudout if you want some examples of what I do.

Just one question; why hire studio-time when it's a lot cheaper just buying a sound card and a microphone? You can get some pretty good recordings by setting up a small studio in your living room.

n0Ob

Postby djames » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi, thanks for reply. Will check your sound cloud after I have typed this.

My reason for studios is I am not a computer person, being more into live band stuff and working from feel and vibe. Also I trained in sound production years ago so know my mics and all that kinda stuff. Rather than attempt to get good at daws and computers I would rather leave that to the guys that know about that and hopefully pass some work to them.

Last year I helped a guy with guitars as he did not want to spend time and money learning. My situation is the reverse and I am totally happy to leave it to the experts ha ha.

Cheers

Pwner

Postby Draegg » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:47 am

If you want more realistic sounding drums, i recomend Toontracks easy drummer, beautiful stuff. For guitars, it's so much easier to "build" a home studio and record there, you'll save so much cash and can record other stuff as well.

Return to Drums