Condensing some of the sub forums.

What can be improved upon at this site?

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

pixel mod

Condensing some of the sub forums.

Postby rtificial » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:31 am

How bout we condense some of the sub forums down a bit? We could probably combine the improvements and suggestion sections into one. They aren't that busy.

Maybe combine the links and bullshit sub forum. Drums and breaks could be combined since they are somewhat similar in subject.

Maybe just one label section since the major one doesn't really get much action and the independent one is kinda confusing with the other independent subform. Just make one label forum for labels to post their stuff or to discuss labels.

Music section could probably be combined into a new release section and a general music section.

It'd probably tidy up things a bit and get rid of some confusion. Plus make sub forums a bit more busier by combining the slower or similar ones.

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:03 am

I kind of wish I didn't agree with you on this one... seeing as how it is a big pain in the ass... but it is something perhaps i should do on a rainy bored day.

Noted.

Thanks man!
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:10 am

yeah thats a good idea

also kill the trolls

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:50 am

True... death to trolls.

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Yea I figured it'd probably be a pain. Isn't there like a merge topic/posts feature somewhere? I've seen some other boards that were able to merge same threads.

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:10 pm

Idk, Ive not tried to do it with this version of phpBB. If there isnt though, I can always install a mod to make it work that way.

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:25 am

I agree, I think the forum is waaay too fragmented with all the little subforums, especially considering the relatively low activity on the forums anyway (its not like theres a hundred new posts every day..)

eg IMO there's really no need for 3 different "drums" "breaks" and "samples" forums, "labels" could easily just be 1 subforum on its own, as could live events.

I think the fact that there are even 2 different sections "improvements" and "suggestions" (both serving exactly the same purpose) sums it up perfectly.

to quote that recycling hippy from the simpsons... SIMPLIFYYYY MAAANNN 8)

Return to Improvements