Exclusive sample club/cult that you must be initiated in to
50%
Have no sample area, just links in threads
No votes

Total votes : 10
Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 pm

or maybe we could just get rid of the 5 posts but keep the week wait

i dunno, when i joined the site i was barely familiar with the breakcore culture at all because where i live there is so little with it so at first, before i was able to make any competent tracks or even give good advice/input on the thread topics i would basically post somewhat pointless topics

such as
-what are some good artists
-a simple hello to the community
-comments like "yes i agree with xxxxxx"

hopefully these types of input arent considered stupid because that would greatly limit the wonderful potential this site has.

ironically, it was the samples that i got from this site (after bein a little 3poster) which led me to the eventual further questioning and interest in the community we have here

this is why i think the samples should be free, and if you dont really want them to be free to every leech who exclusively visits the download section, put them in your posts, in the actual thread so that they may be used by people who actually care to read about them.

that is my statement :D

n0Ob

Postby ManikMakki » Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 pm

I think the sample cult idea is pretty good- For those of us that have close to no musical hacksawing ability, breaking out some good samples might earn you a place in the community. I've been bouncing the idea off my alter ego and it might give me some incentive to break out some bad 80's vinyls.

edit: necropost ftw....? anyone?

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Tue May 26, 2009 8:10 pm

I do like the initializing idea... like a mod has to make it so you CAN download...

Idk.
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Tue May 26, 2009 9:12 pm

JohnMerrik wrote:I do like the initializing idea... like a mod has to make it so you CAN download...

Idk.

whatever is done (if anything), please dont take away the free open sample community thats supported here, i think it would greatly restrict the growth of the community

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Tue May 26, 2009 10:39 pm

i dont think that this has to be an either-or thing. we could have some sort of section for the sample-hungry people who do work for their samples and dont want any random joe fucking with their stuff, but we can also keep the sample downloading section. it is true, most of the good samples (and music) i find are from digging through the forums and reading posts people write.

there is a community here, and like any community, there are the people in the middle (the nucleus) and those who linger on the outside trying to find what the whole thing is about before they make any serious contribution.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Wed May 27, 2009 11:11 am

I dont get what they are bitching about anyways, most of the best downloads are located as external links in the sample threads. :mrgreen:

Hardcore Member

Postby Warpsmasher » Wed May 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I think it's better to just make them available to anyone, it will cut down the useless posts people make just to enable downloading. They'll just get some from somewhere else if they can't get them here anyway, so I guess it poses the question of why you even share them at all, instead of just PMing a download link to your favorite posters, or putting them in a private forum that you need to be part of the cool kids club to access. The more accessible you make the site, the more it will be accessed...sure it will attract all the moochers who just want the free resources, but it can also attract more positivity and word of mouth. Depends on what you want out of it, I guess...

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Thu May 28, 2009 4:16 am

Warpsmasher wrote:I think it's better to just make them available to anyone, it will cut down the useless posts people make just to enable downloading. They'll just get some from somewhere else if they can't get them here anyway, so I guess it poses the question of why you even share them at all, instead of just PMing a download link to your favorite posters, or putting them in a private forum that you need to be part of the cool kids club to access. The more accessible you make the site, the more it will be accessed...sure it will attract all the moochers who just want the free resources, but it can also attract more positivity and word of mouth. Depends on what you want out of it, I guess...

good point. i say get rid of the 5 post minimum. i also say, make the downloads section harder to find. that way it is like a scavenger hunt. since i am now an admin, i might do this. the hard part is figuring out how to do it.

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 am

divtech wrote:whatever is done (if anything), please dont take away the free open sample community thats supported here, i think it would greatly restrict the growth of the community

By any means I don't want it to become a pretentious thing. The reason i decided to code it that way was simply because; I wanted the site to grow as a community, and encourage people to share. I decided not to block people from posting/viewing/clicking links in the forum however so leachers could simply use that.

However if you want to download original music, samples/vsts/etc hosted by or exclusive to this site. you needed to become a part of it.

I mean there REALLY is no actual solution to it. And in reality is it so bad to put up with 3 stupid posts from someone? especially knowing that they may later come back to the board/site and become a full fledged member?

I dont want to seem exclusive/greedy/hoarding with samples... however i would rather my bandwidth goes to the people who participate in the site.... even if it is only for a small amount of time.

Divtech, would you have later come back and posted tracks on the site if you could have just come here, and taken all the samples, and bounced?
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 am

it may be well to consider that some people may read the forum without even wanting to post on it, after all, i've been on DOA for nine years and have probly made less than 20 posts there in that time.
([agent.)]

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:43 am

JohnMerrik wrote:
divtech wrote:whatever is done (if anything), please dont take away the free open sample community thats supported here, i think it would greatly restrict the growth of the community

By any means I don't want it to become a pretentious thing. The reason i decided to code it that way was simply because; I wanted the site to grow as a community, and encourage people to share. I decided not to block people from posting/viewing/clicking links in the forum however so leachers could simply use that.

However if you want to download original music, samples/vsts/etc hosted by or exclusive to this site. you needed to become a part of it.

I mean there REALLY is no actual solution to it. And in reality is it so bad to put up with 3 stupid posts from someone? especially knowing that they may later come back to the board/site and become a full fledged member?

I dont want to seem exclusive/greedy/hoarding with samples... however i would rather my bandwidth goes to the people who participate in the site.... even if it is only for a small amount of time.

Divtech, would you have later come back and posted tracks on the site if you could have just come here, and taken all the samples, and bounced?

yeah i wouldve, in fact, thats kinda what i did haha, got my first couple of posts then started workin on some trax after downloading a shit ton from the site, i didnt have quite as many resources back then but there really was no reason for me not to come back and integrate myself with the site

there wouldve been no one to give me any feedback on my trax otherwise, like zero, nada, everyone here either doesnt know wtf breakcore is or hates it :D

CoreCore Member

Postby larsby » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:56 am

I did not even realize that this site has samples to download and even less that you needed to post a few post's and or be member a week.

I just came here for the compo, I like compo's.

My post's will be of 3poster quality either way.

Previous

Return to Improvements