Exclusive sample club/cult that you must be initiated in to
50%
Have no sample area, just links in threads
No votes

Total votes : 10
The Horse Lord!

KILL THE LEACHES

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27 pm

having the 5 posts to DL stuff is a good idea in principle, but it causes a lot of stupid posting that is useless to the virtual community of the forum.

what most people fail to realize is a lot of the best sample packs are posted on forums anyway and the best best sample packs are exchange from person to person. i say, either have the samples free to anyone you want, remove the samples all together and just have people link to them in individual threads, or have the sample area available only to people who have made a "significant contribution" to the community.

i dont know which one i would even vote for. all i know is im sick of the stupid leaches that post 5 dumb posts or start a new thread or post under the "welcome" thread 5 times or whatever. either give it to them for free, or make it an exclusive club. just make it so i get more substance and less "HI MY NAME IS BRAKCOREN00B" "HI I LIKE VSNARES LOLOLOLOLOL"

amirite?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby kosmonavt » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:35 pm

I voted for the first option because I believe in samples for the masses! haha no it's easier for them and easier for the more frequent users as well.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Pep and I were just talking about this the other night.

I vote for doing away with the minimum post system altogether. But then that presents a potential bandwidth issue for JM. So if not that, definitely the 'significant contribution' option.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:42 pm

i agree that something does need to be done about all the ridiculous posts

i would be fine with the first option but would this affect any bandwidth limit? (or does that even matter)

Supah No0b

Postby dropthis » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 pm

make em into torrents already

:roll:

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby kosmonavt » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:57 pm

dropthis wrote:make em into torrents already

that is actually not a bad idea at all

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:17 am

kosmonavt wrote:
dropthis wrote:make em into torrents already

that is actually not a bad idea at all

i cant get torrents cause i get internet from my school and they have a stupid firewall. this will change in May though, so i guess i can wait on free samples until then.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 am

after thinking for a bit, the sample club idea might be fun. it also might be wayy too cult-ish. i dont know how it would be implemented, but it certainly would be fun to think of ways to gain membership.

i know i would be much more willing to give away samples if i knew they would be used by cool people. :D

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby kosmonavt » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:33 am

HORSE FORCE wrote:after thinking for a bit, the sample club idea might be fun. it also might be wayy too cult-ish. i dont know how it would be implemented, but it certainly would be fun to think of ways to gain membership.

i know i would be much more willing to give away samples if i knew they would be used by cool people. :D

true true. I'm quite a noob on this site and i'm already getting sick of the 3-posters.

but then there have to be good rules on who does get them and who doesn't. it would be a bad idea to put just 1 person up to decide about it..

BTW I've only used 1 sample i downloaded on this site hahaha

Breakcore Member

Postby baconhanger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:21 pm

sample club.

like post a few of your own user tracks that are worth a shit, and maybe get into the club.

because if you just say, make 100 posts... think about all the retarded shit that would be on here. you think 3 posts is bad?

the funny shit is, if you make descent tracks, why do you need other people's samples?

doesnt anyone believe in making their own anymore?
someone had to make them...

give some people lessons on how to sample or how to use fucking google search.... theres a fuckin idea

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:02 pm

baconhanger wrote:sample club.

like post a few of your own user tracks that are worth a shit, and maybe get into the club.

because if you just say, make 100 posts... think about all the retarded shit that would be on here. you think 3 posts is bad?

the funny shit is, if you make descent tracks, why do you need other people's samples?

give some people lessons on how to sample or how to use fucking google search.... theres a fuckin idea

on the other hand, who started off making decent tracks?
i know the first couple of tracks i made were the shittiest things on one mp3 file but hey, you gotta start somewhere

another thing, what does everyone who does contribute lose by allowing leeches to use free samples? (this isnt just support for them, its a legitimate question)
what could possibly happen, i mean sure some of the samples may become grossly overused but hey, like ya said, if youre making decent tracks, youre probably pulling your own samples anyway

i think this communnity, if it is to grow at all and not just become another big elitist "label" like community (that everyone on here seems to hate anyway), needs to be able to accept learners, shitty producers, because you never know when one of those kids might actually make a decent contribution, and in a community as small as this one is, any good conntribution is well worth another hundred shitty ones in their wake

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:12 am

baconhanger wrote:

yeah the people who recorded them made them. i make a lot of my own samples, but i also cut a lot from noise and other gabber/breakcore shit. but for other people like me who have unique stuff, its fun to trade. like baseball cards, but nerdier. thats what a sample club is all about. i mean people could still post big sample packs in forums elsewhere, but for people who really dig in and find some obscure shit, this would be the place. the VIRTUAL place...

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:48 am

HORSE FORCE wrote:
baconhanger wrote:

yeah the people who recorded them made them. i make a lot of my own samples, but i also cut a lot from noise and other gabber/breakcore shit. but for other people like me who have unique stuff, its fun to trade. like baseball cards, but nerdier. thats what a sample club is all about. i mean people could still post big sample packs in forums elsewhere, but for people who really dig in and find some obscure shit, this would be the place. the VIRTUAL place...

it actually sounds alot better put that way haha

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 pm

I like some of the suggestions, but it's all up to JM.

He is very busy at the moment, i believe he is moving somewhere else, so he hasen't been online much.

Hope he gets back into the frenzy again soon :twisted:

n3wb

Postby retox » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Actually you have to be a member for a week as well as posting 5 times.

edit:
Also, the problem with a 'sample club' for insiders generates a culture of elitism. LOL U CAN'T HAVE MY SUPAR L33T SAMPLES, UR A FUKKEN N00B

Next

Return to Improvements