New thread highlights

What is this site missing?

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

pixel mod

New thread highlights

Postby rtificial » Sun May 27, 2007 6:05 pm

I was wondering if you could tweek the thread highlights. I'm not sure what the correct term is, but the bright icon that shows which threads have new posts. When you first come on the forum you'll see which all sections have new posts. Then once you enter the section non of the new post topics are highlighted. Then when you go back to the main forum all the other highlights are gone again. It makes keeping track of where all the new posts are a lil time consuming.

So in other words if you could make the highlights last longer and highlights for new posts in each section too. I think it'd make it look more lively and easier to keep up with all the action when things get bussier.

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Mon May 28, 2007 4:39 pm

hmmm didnt notice that myself. Ill try to work on that, and see what the problem is.

thanks man.
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

Postby Neppi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:49 pm

every other message board i am on has a "new posts" button. it will just turn up thread that have been replied to, or newly created since my last visit. this forum needs it BADLY. a hate having to search thru all the forums to find whats been said since my last visit.

also, the ability to subscribe to threads, so that when replies are made to threads i am subscribed to, my user control panel will let me know, with a link to the new posts.

CoreCore Member

Postby Alan_ » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Neppi wrote:every other message board i am on has a "new posts" button. it will just turn up thread that have been replied to, or newly created since my last visit. this forum needs it BADLY. a hate having to search thru all the forums to find whats been said since my last visit.

also, the ability to subscribe to threads, so that when replies are made to threads i am subscribed to, my user control panel will let me know, with a link to the new posts.

if you're on the main page (not the forum page) and scroll down to the bottom, it shows new posts.

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:16 pm

I'm with neppi on this one... that feature is crucial.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:11 pm

Neppi wrote:every other message board i am on has a "new posts" button. it will just turn up thread that have been replied to, or newly created since my last visit. this forum needs it BADLY. a hate having to search thru all the forums to find whats been said since my last visit.

Yea I still wish they would fix this. You can subscribe or "watch" threads here though. I've acidently did it a few times and had to un-subscribe to em.

Return to Suggestions