Amen break

Post links, share files, discuss breaks. All things breaks.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Breakcore Member

Postby Havok » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:04 am

Funkhole wrote:Amen is pretty much the most overused break ever. Nevertheless it really is the king of all breaks. I try and avoid using it if I can but nothing quite has the bite of the amen. There are seem decent alternative breaks here and there. Sniper is similar to amen and worth checking.

If youre talking about the break from sniper by Trace then it IS an amen, layered with Tighten Up and the Pulp Fiction break [a second gen break, originating from The Flow] made by Dom but used by Trace.

[HVK]

Supah No0b

Postby Mesh Gear Fox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:06 am

Amen rules

CoreCore Member

Postby Dr. Bastardo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:29 am

Amen is too tuff. No other break even comes close. There are lots of good breaks but they just don't hit the right spot. I don't get all the amen haters. So what its a sample. Its not like anyone just uses it on a loop. Its all about what you can do with it. It has its own tambre that just sounds right. I kind of think its like saying "why does everyone use distorted guitars in metal". Its a texture that is integral to that style of music. You can take the timing of the break, reprogram different hits and it will sound good but it wont have that same quality that the amen has. Thats why the tramen (or Dommen is it shoule realy be called) sounds so tough. I feel sorry for Dom. Everyone knows it as the tramen when he made it. He is also just a million times better than trace. Actually hes about a million times better than most dnb. Cheers Dom! I use that break a bunch.
www.myspace.com/drbastardo
"Death To All False Rave" Out Now!
Peace Off Ltd 22

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Dr. Bastardo wrote:Amen is too tuff. No other break even comes close. There are lots of good breaks but they just don't hit the right spot. I don't get all the amen haters. So what its a sample. Its not like anyone just uses it on a loop. Its all about what you can do with it. It has its own tambre that just sounds right. I kind of think its like saying "why does everyone use distorted guitars in metal". Its a texture that is integral to that style of music. You can take the timing of the break, reprogram different hits and it will sound good but it wont have that same quality that the amen has. Thats why the tramen (or Dommen is it shoule realy be called) sounds so tough. I feel sorry for Dom. Everyone knows it as the tramen when he made it. He is also just a million times better than trace. Actually hes about a million times better than most dnb. Cheers Dom! I use that break a bunch.

What's dommen/tramen? Is that amen+tightenup? I've noticed the tightenup break in some of your stuff, that "ringing" ride sound it has is perfect for jungle breaks :D

But yeah, the amen break ... is just unbeatable. It has every type of hit you need and can lend itself to "idm", dnb, breakcore, gabba, chillout shit, tv adverts ... brilliant. Personally I think of the amen as an actual instrument in its own right, when used properly.

CoreCore Member

Postby Dr. Bastardo » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah its the same as the 'sniper' break mentioned earlier

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramen

I use tighten up a bunch. The ride half beefs up the amen a treat. The first half of the break is really nice for adding some extra snare patterns to stuff too.
www.myspace.com/drbastardo
"Death To All False Rave" Out Now!
Peace Off Ltd 22

n3wb

Postby frenk19 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Silent Frog wrote:http://www.junglebreaks.co.uk/ is pretty helpful is you fancy finding an alternative to the Amen.

very good!!! thanks man!!!!!

n0Ob

Postby anti-tommy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:34 pm

I started my first (successful) breakcore song today, and it's the first tome I've used the Amen... everything without has sucked, but now things are looking waaay up :)

n3wb

Postby frenk19 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:29 pm

anti-tommy wrote:everything without has sucked,....)

yeeeeaaaah! :lol:

Supah No0b

Postby semtex » Fri May 02, 2008 1:56 pm

i need bare snares

Supah No0b

Postby syntax23 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:49 pm

quite interesting :D

Hardcore Member

Postby Perceptiko » Sat May 10, 2008 1:21 am

Foundation

Supah No0b

Postby jcreznor » Thu May 15, 2008 2:47 am

Good vid..

Pwncore Member

Postby Anticholinergic » Thu May 15, 2008 8:04 am

i know that amen is a classic, singular break but really...IM FUCKING TIRED OF IT
there are thousands and thousands AND THOUSANDS of other breaks, if you got enough skills you can do more amazing stuff with other breaks than with amen
that's just my opinion
i got nothing against amen but i'm just sick of it

n3wb

Postby LinkONe » Sat May 17, 2008 2:48 pm

!!!AMEN BREAK LIFE!!!

i fucking hate this drum loop!!! :twisted:

anybody have the cmc_amen variation???? it sounds soooo good JAJAJAJ :!:

Supah No0b

Postby Djnightlord » Mon May 26, 2008 3:48 am

Amen = masterbation in an audio form :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Breaks