Dblue Glitch

Post links, share files, discuss VSTs. All things VSTs

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:40 pm

^^^ Someones A Little Upset About A Little Plugin.
Its Not Like These People Are Sending You Their Tracks And Forcing You To Listen To Them.
I Will Admit That The Glitch Is Overused And Unless Used Sparingly And Correctly It Is Super Duper Shit.
But Its Not Like Every Other Genre Doesn't Have People That Use The Same Shit The Same Way.
Its Just Your Job To Find Shit That ....Well Isn't Shitty.
I Said Shit Alot.
And I For One Have Never Used Glitch In A Track.

Supah No0b

Postby candlestickmaker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:12 pm

actually a great plugin.
as far as i know, the developer is a renoise user that wanted all of us non-renoise users to have some similar effects without too much hustle.

i hate it when people just drop it in their effect rack with the default settings and a pattern full of random steps...

it's an awesome plugin if used well :)

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 pm

producer_snafu wrote:i hope you all abuse this with the amen.

i really do, because this plugin will not advance your skill upon production .

but if you love this plugin.

i feel sorry for you.

use it in every track, infact use it on your master.

use it till you abuse it,

make every track with this plugin to the fucking core.

please!

I don't care if people make tracks out of panda fur. What does it matter which tools they use? The bottom line is; is it a good song?

n3wb

Postby Festerban » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:56 pm

I don't care if people make tracks out of panda fur. What does it matter which tools they use? The bottom line is; is it a good song?

This is all that should ever matter [/quote]
<a href="http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa7/Estebanperes/?action=view¤t=este7.jpg"></a>

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:16 pm

ha, don't my post, i was drunk and ranting.

i did have allot of people send me track with them using the glitch when it first came out and it was really annoying.

i would imagine that being that you make music that you have allot of friends online that do the same also?

i would prolly have to say the best use of the glitch would have to be from the flashbulb's cover of chic habit, but even then it sounded to recognizable

n0Ob

Postby unknown52 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm

hello! we've been using dblue a bit on some tracks we've been doing, i'm curious what people here will make of it, if you have time to listen?...

www.myspace.com/unknownfivetwo

does this clasify as overuse? is it obviously amatuer hour?
bare in mind, while we love idm, we arent hardcore idm producers our selves, more we want to make hip hip with a bit of an idm twist.

any comments will be appriciated, above all should we be masking dblue better?

thanks!

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:34 pm

unknown52 wrote:hello! we've been using dblue a bit on some tracks we've been doing, i'm curious what people here will make of it, if you have time to listen?...

www.myspace.com/unknownfivetwo

does this clasify as overuse? is it obviously amatuer hour?
bare in mind, while we love idm, we arent hardcore idm producers our selves, more we want to make hip hip with a bit of an idm twist.

any comments will be appriciated, above all should we be masking dblue better?

If you feel you should be masking dblue, then you shouldn't be using it. You should never be intentionally trying to hide stuff in music. However, while it is noticeable, it's difficult to overuse the plugin in hip hop like you can in breakcore. Regardless, I enjoyed your tunes!

What do you write your tunes in? If you haven't tried before, you could probably get similar but better effects using a few simple VSTs in Ableton Live which would suit your music as it is heavily loop based.

n0Ob

Postby unknown52 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:58 pm

hi :)
thanks alot for taking the time to listen and respond, thanks for your comments!
it's not that we persoanlly feel we should mask dblue, but we have recieved a message today saying we should mask it better, which in turn led me to this forum, in which alot of people have stated its cool to use dblue as long as its not so obviously used, and i was wondering if we fell into that category of using dblue in an obvious and novice way...

oh, and we make tracks first on an mpc2000xl, then shift the tracks over to fruity loops.

thanks again!

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:35 pm

As I said, while its use is obvious, I take it that the lyrics and vocals and by far the more important thing here. Should you have the time to get into chopping up loops manually and adding your own effects, you will undoubtedly get a better overall sound but as it's fine as it is.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:13 am

People use it because you get a cool effect with minimal effort.

Helix uses it in the proper way, thesole purpose that i dont use it, is because i want to learn how everything flows together., used it once, and my pc froze up too then, so even my pc hates it, kudos to the people using it in the proper not so obvious and still very good thought out waay
http://ihatebreakcore.com/modules.php?n ... ack&tid=82

ResTECP.

Breakcore Member

Postby gnom_maroder » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:56 am

dblue is cheerful, i like it

Supah No0b

Postby nahimov » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:16 pm

хорошая вещь...

Supah No0b

Postby jigokubosatsu » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:41 am

Glitch is awesome... I was so afraid of the temptation to overuse it I didn't use it at all... but then I found this wonderful yodeling sample and just had to do on an ambient outro on my track "Incendiary Device." Just thought I'd share. Dblue seems like a solid guy.

Supah No0b

Postby asdfis1234now » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:28 am

things get overused for a reason, because they're great! Thanks!

Breakcore Member

Postby cornishacid » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:54 pm

s-n-s wrote:yesterday i tried using dblue glitch on some bassline,and that really sounds cool.

I discovered that recently too. Its inspired me to make some *coughelectrohousecough*

and its sheer comedy on vocals.

PreviousNext

Return to VSTs