glitch automation question

Post links, share files, discuss VSTs. All things VSTs

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwner

glitch automation question

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:47 pm

sorry this sounds well retarded but I just can't work it out...

in dblue glitch, how do you automate scene changes??

so like, at one point in your track your using 1 scene and then a few bars later your using a different one... surely there is a way of doing this? or do I need to run another instance of glitch each time I want a different pattern of fx?? (potentially every 4 bars!)

(probably irrelevant but im using ableton 7)

and please don't say "delete dblue glitch coz its shit" or anything like that :roll:

cheers
Last edited by DISEMBOWELLED on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:51 pm

What software do you use ?

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:43 pm

like I said, ableton 7. I know how to automate stuff with ableton generally, its just the glitch pattern changes I'm confused about

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Oh sorry I havn't seen that you have write this hehehe.
It's simple : when you activate the midi learn click on the pattern selector of glitch and normaly live will detect it in control panel of glitch and you just have to move your automation line to select patterns.

I hope you have understand with my bad english hehehe.

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:10 pm

DB glitch allows you to save up patterns...least from what I remember. So save patterns and switch them manually when you need them to change. You could do this by first recording your track, then going back and playing the track and turning on the "overdub" and record just changing your patterns or just programming the changes in arrangement view.

OR if you'd like to have even more control and fun. Do the step above or laying down your track. But midi mapping alot of db glitches controls to a midi device...or keyboard and triggering things at wild random in overdub/record.

OR you could just record several bars of what you want to glitch. Glitch them over and over till you are content and then slap em back in arrangement view.

OR delete DB glitch, upgrade to live 8, make LOTS of custom effects, midi map that shit and go buck wild and make people wonder how the hell you did that.

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:18 am

Okay, this is my dodgy noob way of using dblue glitch in FL:

link glitch to your channel, fill it with only one color,tweak settings as you please, turn it off, link it again this time with all a different colour and repeat... then add automation to the volume of each instance of dblue glitch.

that's more or less it, pretty dodgy as I said

another way:
turn any knob in glitch, click the little fruity options box in the top left, go to last tweaked parameter, and then create automation clip...

kinda the same thing
hope this helped,

actually if anyone who's wicked at FL (snafu) knows a better way to do shit like this, post it please
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:56 am

yeah as far as i know other than recording over your track, ableton does not allow automation of the glitch over the track time, only weather the device is on or off :/

i would have to agree to just trying some new effects in ableton, plus with that you'll learn more

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:16 am

I have stop to use glitch since I have live 8 cause, I don't know why, he can't recognise midi control anymore !

It's not realy a problem cause now I can do all the thing that Glitch does with a little more of programation and it sound better and less randomy hehehe.
I still use the dBlue Stretch for me the best real time time-stretch ever !

Return to VSTs